Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Down on the Farm challenge

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by for another fantastic challenge at Exploring Cricut.  The challenge for today was to create a card, layout, or other paper craft with a farm theme.  I thought this one would be very difficult since I don't have kids to take to the farm.  Here's my take on this challenge.


 I used the new cartridge from Close to My Heart "Artbooking" to create a farm book.  This is my first project with this cartridge and I must say I love it.  The cuts made were

<1> using Photo Mat 1 feature at 8" I cut 2
<1-s> Photo Mat 1 feature at 8"
<1> Photo Mat 2 feature at 8"
<1-s> Photo Mat 2 feature at 8" I cut 2
<2> Photo Mat 2 feature at 8"
<2-s> Photo Mat 2 feature at 8"
Overlay feature at 7.5"
The letters for this page were cut at 1" from the Doodletype cartridge.
The lettering for this page was cut at 1" using Sans Serif.
The lettering for each of the animal cards was cut from Sans Serif at 1"
Each animal was cut from the Animal Kingdom cartridge at 2.53".
For the goat, cat, and sheep I used fun flock to make it look fluffy.  I used pink stickles for several animals noses and black sparkles for some of their eyes.
To assemble the book, each inner page is a little over half the size of the big page.  I alternated one on top then one on the bottom.  Then used ribbon to tie the book together.
Thanks for taking the time to view my project.  Don't forget to play along and link your project back at Exploring Cricut.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a great job, thank you for sharing some of the cuts from this cartridge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book-I have ordered Artbooking and can't wait to use it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious and a great way to enjoy a very fun children's song!!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous book Emily!!! Love the animals. And the flocking, stickles and sparkles!! :)

    ReplyDelete